Monday, February 24, 2020

Week Four - Post Two




One website I visit almost daily is the San Diego-Imperial Council for Boy Scouts.  I visit this as I serve as Advancement Chair for my son’s scout troop so I need to stay up on what is going on.  I mostly like the web design as it is informative, easy to navigate and I can usually find what I need.   Specifically, I find the site has a good use of visual elements but iis not too crowded.   The site also uses contract very well, with contrast from icons, text and headings making it easy to navigate. 

I would, however, improve somewhat the amount of information on each page.  For example, the first page has eleven separate events and/or announcements which make the site visually busy and creates the need to scroll down to see all that is there. 

http://jcsphoenixlearningcenter.weebly.com/

A second site I also visit daily is the website for Phoenix Learning Center, a charter school in Encinitas.  I visit this site a lot as it’s my son’s school and I have to check in to see the calendar and his homework. Unfortunately, this site is not very well done and comes across relatively amateurish.   The site is not well formatted so text does not always line up. 

Additionally, the links at the top of the page are not all live, or link to outdated information or to a page other than what it states.  For example, linking to staff for middle school takes one to the calendar and homework page for middle school, rather than information on the staff.  This page should be redesigned to make it more exciting, easy to read, and with up to date information.

No comments:

Post a Comment